I managed to salvage these four issues of The Roadrunner because they all had stories in them that I had written.
As with Tour 365, for the sake of clarity, the scans are fairly large and will take a bit of time to download, so please be patient.
Volume 1, Issue #6 -- June 15, 1968
- Page One -- From CONUS, Home to Alaska
- Page Two -- Chaplain's Corner, Stiff Competition, Getting Along
- Page Three -- Proud of Them, Passed IG Inspection, Awards
- Page Four -- 2,714,914 Miles in Vietnam, Commander's Column, Mommasans Receive 20,000 P (Note: You'll see my markup on this story; I wrote the facts but they changed it at 48th Group -- I guess they didn't want to advertise the fact that the US Air Force had bombed the village in error)
Volume 1, Issue #8 -- July 13, 1968
- Page One -- Early Release Time Increased to 150 Days, BG Jones Presents Award, 352nd Trans Lays Claim to "Best Outfit"
- Page Two -- Commander's Column, 6th Bn Gets New CO, DOD Extends Special Leave, Possession is Taxable Under Law
- Page Three -- OK Corral Has New CO, "I Finally Made It", New Chapel Schedule, Things to Come
- Page Four -- 62nd CO Gets Promoted, Mamasan Gets 15,000 P's, Chaplain's Corner, Smile
Volume 1, Issue #9 -- July 27, 1968
- Page One -- Safety Awards, Poetry from the Reefer Kings
- Page Two -- Reefer Kings Have New 1st SGT, Commander's Column, Gogido Cannonball, Welcome 534th 1st SGT
- Page Three -- Health Tips from the Medics, Whistlers Pass IG, 86th Has New CO
- Page Four -- Short Timers in the Cannonball, Chaplain's Corner
Volume 1, Issue #11 -- August 31, 1968
- Page One -- "Sassic's Slammers", Safety Awards 534th, SP4 Shoup Soldier of the Month
- Page Two -- Defense Against Vehicle Condition
- Page Three -- Health Tips from the Medics, 86th Trans Wins a
- Page Four -- OK Corral Has a New "Foreman", Yankee Ingenuity, Commander's Notes, 7th Bn Has a New Adjutant
- Page Five -- Chaplain's Corner, Tigers at OK Corral?
- Page Six -- Here is the Straight Word on How to Get R&R, Cannonball Now Has a "Monster"